Xinhua Silk Road - Belt and Road Portal, China's silk road economic belt and 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Website Xinhua Silk Road - Belt and Road Portal, China's silk road economic belt and 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Website
Subscribe CustomBlackClose

Belt & Road Weekly Subscription Form

download_pop

Research ReportCustomBlackClose

The full edition of the report is available at Xinhua Silk Road Database. You can click the “Table of Content” to have a general understanding of it.

Click on the button below to create your account and get immediate access to thousands of articles.

Start a Free Trial

Xinhua Credit
Company

Ping An partners with Shionogi to launch joint ventures in drug R&D

July 28, 2020


Abstract : China's Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd. announced on Monday that it signed an agreement with Shionogi (Hong Kong) Company Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan's Shionogi & Co., Ltd., to set up two joint ventures (JVs) in Shanghai and Hong Kong respectively.

timg (1).jpg

BEIJING, July 28 (Xinhua) -- China's Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd. announced on Monday that it signed an agreement with Shionogi (Hong Kong) Company Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan's Shionogi & Co., Ltd., to set up two joint ventures (JVs) in Shanghai and Hong Kong respectively.

According to Ping An, the establishment of new joint ventures is in line with the company's healthcare ecosystem strategy.

It is learned that Ping An is set to take up a 49 percent stake of the JV company in Shanghai, with an investment of 1.44 billion yuan, while Shionogi (Hong Kong) intends to invest 1.5 billion yuan, accounting for 51 percent of the whole stake.

Tutum Japan Healthcare Limited, an indirect subsidiary of Ping An, will invest 176 million HK dollars in the new JV registered in Hong Kong, accounting for 49 percent of the stake, while Shionogi (Hong Kong) owns the remaining 51 percent, with an investment of 184 million HK dollars.

Combining Shionogi's advantages in the development of new pharmaceuticals and Ping An’s strength in big data and artificial intelligence (AI) analytical technology, the joint ventures will set up R&D centers to effectively create innovative medicines and healthcare services and provide tailored solution for customers.

(Edited by Yang Yifan with Xinhua Silk Road, yangyifan@xinhua.org)

Scan the QR code and push it to your mobile phone

Keyword: Ping An

Write to Us belt & road login close

Do you want to be a contributor to Xinhua Silk Road and tell us your Belt & Road story? Send your articles to [email protected] and share your stories with more people.

Click on the button below to create your account and get im http://img.silkroad.news.cn/templates/silkroad/en2017te access to thousands of articles.

Start a Free Trial

Ask Us A Question belt & road login close

If you have any questions, please enter them in the box below.

Reload

Write to Us belt & road login close

Do you want to be a contributor to Xinhua Silk Road and tell us your Belt & Road story? Send your articles to silkroadweekly@xinhua.org and share your stories with more people.

Click on the button below to create your account and get im http://img.silkroad.news.cn/templates/silkroad/en2017te access to thousands of articles.

Start a Free Trial