I. Summary of Policies of Laibin City for Industrial Support
(I) Notice of Laibin Municipal People’s Government on Printing and Distributing Measures to Promote the Development of Calcium Carbonate (Stone) Industry (LZF  No. 31)
1. Focusing on introducing leading enterprises. For major industry chain projects introduced and settled in the professional calcium carbonate (stone) industrial park conforming to national industrial policies and with large investment scale, strong driving capacity and good development prospects, the method of "one policy for one project" shall be applied, and strong support shall be given in preliminary paperwork, allocation of production factors and other aspects. Excellent enterprises settling in the industrial park shall be awarded. If the enterprise involving in calcium carbonate(stone) projects and downstream application projects, such as coating, building materials, rubber and plastics and packaging (projects in which the raw material of calcium carbonate powder accounts for more than 20 percent of the main products can be regarded as downstream application projects) belongs to Top 500 enterprises in China, the local finance department shall offer a financial incentive of 5 million yuan. If the enterprise ranks among Top 10 in relevant industry in China, the local finance department shall offer a financial incentive of 1 million yuan.
2. Offering ample reward to individuals and institutions that contribute a lot for attracting investment in major projects. For calcium carbonate projects introduced by institutions, the institutions shall be awarded according to "Notice of Laibin Municipal People’s Government on Printing and Distributing Interim Measures for Investment Promotion in Laibin" (LZF  No. 36); for calcium carbonate projects and downstream application projects introduced to the professional calcium carbonate (stone) industrial park by individuals (public officials of Laibin City not included), the individuals shall be awarded if the project introduced has new fixed investment for over 100 million yuan and the construction duration is no more than 3 years. Affirmed by the Municipal Development and Reform Commission, Municipal Industry and Information Technology Bureau, Municipal Finance Bureau, Municipal Bureau of Statistics, Municipal Bureau of Land and Resources, Municipal Science and Technology Bureau, Municipal Bureau of Commerce and Municipal Calcium Carbonate Industry Development Management Office, audited by Municipal Audit Bureau, and agreed by the municipal government, a one-time award shall be given by the finance department in local areas on the basis of the new fixed investment. Award standard: 10,000 yuan award for per 100 million yuan new fixed investment. The maximum award for a single project shall not exceed 500,000 yuan.
3. Promoting cooperation of production, education and research. For universities and research institutes at home and abroad which set branches in Laibin City or cooperate to establish R&D platforms, the local county (city, district) or professional calcium carbonate (stone) industrial parks shall offer relevant offices and R&D sites for free.
4. Supporting science and technology research and development. For R&D institutions which register and settle in Laibin City, including calcium carbonate (stone) manufacturing enterprises, new national key laboratories, engineering technology centers and enterprise technology centers, local finance department shall offer the enterprises a one-time award of 1 million yuan. Above-mentioned enterprises which are identified at autonomous region level shall get a one-time award of 500,000 yuan by local finance department. Enterprises with the honorary titles of national science and technology innovation enterprises, intellectual property rights demonstration enterprises, green manufacturing and intelligent manufacturing plants, shall get a one-time award of 500,000 yuan by local finance department. Above-mentioned enterprises which are identified at autonomous region level shall get a one-time award of 250,000 yuan by local finance department; doctoral (post-doctoral) workstations which are granted and listed shall get a one-time award of 100,000 yuan by local finance department.
5. Supporting the construction of industry chain projects. Priority shall be given to new-material powder projects. For the new material projects of calcium carbonate powder conforming to national industrial policies, adopting intelligent equipment and advanced environment protection facilities, owning first-class manufacturing techniques and with an overall investment of over 50 million yuan, including refinement, specialization, function, micronization, ultra-purification, surface modification, composite, inorganic nanometer and functionality projects, during the term of validity of project construction and in the year of commissioning, the local finance department shall offer a subsidy, accounting for 5 percent of the new equipment purchased (in accordance with the duty-paid invoice, not including duty). The maximum subsidy for a single enterprise shall not exceed 3 million yuan. In order to promote the extension of industrial chains, for new or technical modification of downstream application projects which are in line with national industrial policies and with an overall investment of over 100 million yuan, during the term of validity of project construction and in the year of commissioning, the local finance department shall offer a subsidy, accounting for 5 percent of the new equipment purchased (in accordance with the duty-paid invoice, not including duty). The maximum subsidy for a single enterprise shall not exceed 5 million yuan.
6. Increasing financial support. The credit supply for calcium carbonate (stone) industry shall be brought in as a key indicator in the annual assessment of financial work. Cooperation activities between banks and enterprises shall be actively organized, to ensure that loans for calcium carbonate (stone) industry increase faster than the average level in Laibin City. Enterprises shall be encouraged and guided to use financial instruments such as trust plan and regional optimal direct debts to raise funds, so as to get a stable source of funds for the development of enterprises.
7. Encouraging key enterprises to expand scales and get further developments. For key enterprises which successfully expand scales and get further developments, they shall get an award of 1.5 times in accordance with “Notice of Laibin Municipal People’s Government on Printing and Distributing Rewards Standards for Industrial Enterprises Expanding Scales and Getting Further Developments in Laibin” (LZF  No. 5). And at the same time, these enterprises shall enjoy relevant tax preferential policies.
8. Supporting enterprises to expand markets. Enterprises in calcium carbonate (stone) industry chain shall be helped to expand markets. Production and marketing meetings or expos of a certain scale shall be held, and exhibition and marketing tours for local calcium carbonate products in other provinces (cities, districts) shall be organized each year; targeted enterprises shall be organized to take part in well-known trade fairs, expos and other exhibitions at home and abroad. Calcium carbonate (stone) products shall be added to the government procurement list of energy saving, environmental protection and independent innovation products as well as the recommend directory of main equipment and materials for engineering construction, so as to encourage active use of local calcium carbonate (stone) and relevant downstream application industry chain products in government procurement projects, government-invested construction projects and key construction projects.
9. Giving priority to the allocation of mining rights. The quantity of mines with calcium carbonate (stone) mineral resources shall be strictly controlled. In principle, no mining enterprise which specialized in "excavating and selling". For the entire industry chain projects which are in line with national industrial policies and layout requirements, and invest in mine exploit, production, research and development and application, and leading enterprises of finance, technology and management advantages, with an overall investment of over 500 million yuan and a tax revenue of over 50 million yuan, priority mining right shall be allocated according to demands.
10. Giving priority to ensure industrial lands for calcium carbonate (stone). If new construction lands are needed, priority shall be given to the approval of papers in handling agricultural land conversion and land expropriation so as to ensure timely land supply. For land-economical and intensive major industrial projects conforming to the policies of giving priority to certain industries in the autonomous region, a preferential land price shall be offered, at no less than 70 percent of the corresponding price in “National Standard of Minimum Price for industrial Land Transfer”, but the minimum price shall be no less than the sum of fees for paid use, compensation fees for land acquisition (demolition) and related taxes and fees of the new construction lands. Priority shall be given to the construction of calcium carbonate (stone) industrial projects in arranging lands in stock, and the land supply procedures shall be handled first. For the existing industrial lands that meet the planning and safety requirements and involve no use change, increasing building areas, or adding stories to transform factories, using the underground space and increasing the floor area ratio, shall not be subject to more land fees. At the same time, priority shall be given to guarantee the use of forest land in these industries. Single project shall be processed for approval.
II. Summary of Policies of Laibin City for Preferential Land Use
(I) Notice of Laibin Municipal People’s Government on the Revision of Some Provisions in “Measures (Trial) for Land Supply Scale and Price Management in Laibin City” and “Interim Measures for Investment Management and Incentives for Industrial Zones in Laibin City” (LZF  No. 37)
Land for industrial purposes. The land use scale shall comprehensively depend on industrial demands, investment intensity and output intensity. Investment intensity in High-tech Zone of Laibin City shall be no less than 1.5 million yuan per mu. The output intensity shall be no less than 2 million yuan per mu. Investment intensity in Henan Industrial Park, Qianjiang Industrial Park and Fenghuang Industrial Park shall be no less than 1 million yuan per mu. The output intensity shall be no less than 1.87 million yuan per mu. In terms of land price, the price of lands for industrial use in main urban zones (Henan and Laihua district) starts from 90,000 per mu (not including farmland occupancy tax). The price of lands for industrial use in Fenghuang and Qianjiang town starts from 80,000 per mu (not including farmland occupancy tax).
(II) Notice of Laibin Municipal People’s Government on Printing and Distributing Interim Measures for Investment Management and Incentives for Industrial Zones in Laibin City (LZF  No. 49)
Articles 9 and 10 shall be amended as follows:
Article 9 For projects which get the land-use right publicly by land bid invitation, auction and listing, and meet the requirements of investment and output intensity in three years after commissioning according to the investment agreement, a one-time financial support shall be given by the Laibin Municipal People’s Government, according to the level of their investment and output intensity, for infrastructure construction and technical reformation. Conditions and standards of financial support:
III. Other Preferential Policies for Investment
(I) Notice of Laibin Municipal People's Government on Publishing and Distributing the “Double Ten Articles” for Promoting Steady Industrial Growth and High Quality Development in Laibin (Trial) (LZF  No. 34)
1. Incentive mechanism for industrial development shall be established. Enterprise rewards shall be given. For industrial enterprises that meet the following conditions, the person in charge shall get an award in accordance with relevant provisions. For enterprises under one ballot veto for violating relevant national policies of environment protection and safety, no award shall be given.
For enterprises whose industrial major business revenue reaches a new level for the first time and the tax in treasury of which exceeds the award standard, awards shall be given in accordance with the standards below:
For enterprises whose industrial major business revenue reaches 100 million to 500 million yuan (over 100 million yuan and including 500 million yuan), a corresponding award of 10,000 yuan to 50,000 yuan shall be given.
For enterprises whose industrial major business revenue reaches 500 million to 1 billion yuan (over 500 million yuan and including 1 billion yuan), an award of 50,000 yuan to 100,000 yuan shall be given.
Similarly, when the industrial major business revenue is over 100 million yuan, a 10,000 yuan award for each 100 million revenue shall be given, with 500 million yuan as the measuring unit. The base of the total industrial output value growth of an enterprise in that year shall be the best level in its history. For enterprises whose industrial major business revenue reaches 10 billion yuan for the first time, the special award standards shall be set by the municipal government.
2. Offering support of tax preferences. Various policies in the “Notice of People's Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region on Printing and Distributing Measures to Further Promote the Development of Private Economy (GZF  No. 76) shall be conscientiously implemented, and existing tax preference policies shall be made full use of to support the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, and give maximum support to enterprises and projects legally. Special funds shall be set up for enterprises (projects) conforming to national industrial policies and future plan for industrial development in Laibin City. From the year of generating industrial major business revenue, within three years, no less than 30 percent of the taxes paid by these enterprises which belong to municipal financial revenue shall be used as funds for enterprises' development. For high-tech enterprises and new enterprises above designated size in that year, the time period shall be extended to five years.
3. Increasing investment in industrial technical transformation. Small and medium-sized enterprises shall be encouraged and supported to actively adopt new technologies, new techniques and new equipment so as to accelerate technical reformation and industrial transformation and upgrading. Thanks to the industrial investment fund, for the investment projects of industrial technical reformation conforming to national industrial polices and whose annual manufacturing facilities investment reaches 1 million yuan, a one-time subsidy shall be offered according to the base interest rate of one-year bank loans (if there is no bank loan, the investment shall be regarded as loans). Enterprises shall get a maxim of 50 percent subsidy respectively at municipal and county levels; for small and medium-sized technological enterprises investing more than 1 million yuan and less than 3 million yuan in manufacturing facilities, an interest subsidy shall be offered for two years in succession with the same subsidy amount of the first year. The total subsidy for a single enterprise at the municipal and county levels shall not exceed 5 million yuan.
4. Promoting industrial agglomeration development in parks. Cooperation with well-known commercial federations, trade associations and professional institutions shall be strengthened, and the mode of “government-led, enterprise-oriented operation” shall be adopted, to co-build special and professional parks and realize industrial agglomeration development. Particularly, the small and bulk wood processing factories shall be integrated to build wood processing industrial parks; agricultural product processing enterprises shall be encouraged to move into industrial parks or to produce in standard workshops so as to get stronger with cluster development. For enterprises moving to the industrial park from the cities, if the land originally for industrial use can be changed for commercial use and is in line with city development plan, the municipal government shall recover the land and offer compensation for the enterprises according to relevant regulations. The recovered land shall be sold through land bid invitation, auction and listing.