- Feature: Xi leads fight against poverty
- Xi declares "complete victory" in eradicating absolute poverty in China
- Factbox: "5Ds": Implications of China's experience in poverty relief
- Special study unveils what China has to share on fighting poverty
- World Insights: Experts hail report on China's poverty alleviation achievements
Interview: Nine programs set to bolster Africa-China cooperation, says AU Commission deputy chief
The nine programs of Africa-China cooperation is boosting bilateral cooperation in all directions, Deputy Chairperson of the African Union (AU) Commission Monique Nsanzabaganwa has said.[More]
China to recruit over 84,000 college graduates as rural teachers this year
China plans to recruit 84,330 college graduates as teachers in rural primary and middle schools in 2021 as part of efforts to promote rural vitalization, the Ministry of Education said Wednesday.[More]
Booklet of guideline on poverty alleviation, rural vitalization published
A booklet of a guideline on realizing the synergy of consolidating poverty alleviation outcomes and promoting rural vitalization has been published by the People's Publishing House.[More]
- Published by: New China Research (NCR)
- Poverty alleviation in China has gone beyond the established theories of classic textbooks, and China's eradication of absolute poverty on such a large scale is a first in history. This milestone calls for a new approach in understanding more precisely the country's methods in ending deprivation.
- While summarizing China's achievements in poverty alleviation, especially its achievements over the last eight years, this report outlines the practical methods of precise poverty alleviation in China, explores the rationale behind the Studies, and discusses its global implications.
- World Insights: China's poverty alleviation success offers hope for countries facing common challenges
- Interview: China's poverty alleviation speeds global poverty reduction, says UN official
- World Insights: How China's victory against absolute poverty offers hope to the world
- Xinhua Commentary: China's poverty fight renews hope for global victory over destitution
At the end of 2020,
China met its target of eradicating poverty as planned.
Behind the feat are inspirational stories that have injected confidence into the global poverty reduction cause.
Over the past 40 years,
China has lifted 770 million rural residents out of poverty, contributing to more than 70% of global poverty reduction.
Here's an animation showing part of China's poverty alleviation efforts.
This Miao village in Hunan, central China,
has undergone a drastic transformation from poverty to prosperity.
The average per capita annual income soared 11 times from 258 U.S. dollars to 2,841 U.S. dollars in seven years.
China secured a decisive victory in poverty eradication.
What was the year like for residents who just bid farewell to poverty?
Check out this story of an ethnic Miao villager in a remote region in Yunnan, China.